Do you like discussing grassroots change with your neighbours? Volunteers are needed to join our team of Community Conversation Champions.
This team is tasked with:
1. Promoting and spreading awareness of HamiltonCLT among diverse populations, and
2. Creating community conversations around land use that inspire resident-driven action
Working with the Project Director, duties shared with other team members include: taking part in promotional opportunities (i.e. community meetings, festivals and events), using face-to-face engagement and social media to facilitate community conversations, and leading or assisting with community workshops.
Basic training for this position is provided, as is compensation for travel costs. Must be comfortable speaking publicly and/or writing. A passion for urban or social issues is essential. A second language is an asset. We welcome individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
- Enhance your resume with skills such as community engagement, workshop facilitation, presentation delivery, and social media
- Build personal connections and expand your network
- Make a positive impact on your community
- Be involved with the development of a new non-profit
Dates and Times:
Volunteer shifts are flexible based on your schedule, but will primarily be on evenings and weekends. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 hours per month for four months for this position.